WE ARE HIRING
Research & Business Development Assistant
About Shalom Consult Ltd
Shalom Consult Ltd (SCL) offers tailored communications and language services for clients in development, private and public sectors across Africa.
With over 15 years of experience in the translation and communication landscape, we value the importance of a perfect blend between effective communication, cultural diversity, and language accuracy; hence, to partner and support you in your journey of making an impact on the continent, we offer the following two pillars:
- Communication and visibility services
- Translation and Interpretation services
Formerly known as Shalom Language Services, we recently expanded and rebranded our portfolio to reflect our communication services. We now have operations in Central, West and East Africa.
In line with company’s expansion plan, SCL would like to open an office in Southern Africa, particularly in Namibia. Shalom Consult Ltd seeks a qualified and dynamic graduate who can support the opening of our office in Namibia. Under the direct supervision of Shalom Consult Ltd in Namibia, He/She may be required to attend status meetings remotely as need arises.
Scope of work
The work will cover the following areas liaising with the Business and Intellectual Property Authority (BIPA) in Namibia, Desktop analysis of language and communications market in Namibia
- Liaison with BIPA for purposes of registration of SCL in Namibia
The selected candidate will:
- Liaison tasks
- Collect, fill out any form or information from BIPA that will help in conducting name search and registration of SCL in Namibia Support with drafting business proposals for new clients
- Report on progress and status of registration process on weekly basis
- Desktop analysis and research tasks
- Conduct a stakeholders mapping of competitors and potential clients for communications and language services in Namibia and in Southern Africa
- Map out and develop a database of communications and language professionals in the region
- Develop a list of events, workshops, fairs, conferences likely to take place in the country or the region in the rest of the year
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned.
The ideal Liaison, Research and Business Development Assistant should have at least the following qualifications:
- BA in social sciences or a relevant field with 1-3 years’ experience in desktop research. An MA in social science or relevant experience would be an added advantage.
- Excellent command of English (spoken and written).
- Good computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Excellent research writing, editing and analytical skills;
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and under pressure;
- Team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and works well with others;
- Familiarity with virtual conferencing tools such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams
Duration of Assignment
The duration of the assignment is expected to be for a period of two months from contract signature date renewable based on performance.
The Research and Business Development Assistant will receive a monthly lump sum.